Drive4Zero Zero Tolls Element – Background
In recognition of the contribution that electric vehicles can make to sustainable transport, Minister Paschal Donohoe TD, Minister for Transport Tourism and Sport, is making arrangements to have available, on a pilot basis, a prepaid 20 trip Toll Card to 100 owners of electric cars In support of the Drive4Zero electric vehicle initiative in Cork
This Zero Tolls pilot programme is being facilitated by Drive4Zero initiative stakeholders and supporters including;
- Direct Route (Fermoy)
- Department of Transport Tourism and Sport
- Energy Cork
The NRA and Direct Route (Fermoy) will facilitate a Toll Free Promotion Pilot Scheme using 100 prepaid cards with 20 free toll trips loaded on each card.
These cards will be made available to electric car owners in Cork, one per owner via the application process below.
The cards will be valid up to 31/12/2015
Please note that this is a pilot scheme and the 100 toll cards will be issued on a first come, first serve basis.
Application Process – For EV Onwers
- You will be required to fill in the on-line application form below
- Once this application form is submitted with all your details, you will be contacted to provide proof of ownership of your EV
- Energy Cork, on behalf of Drive4Zero and Direct Route, will validate the request and seek any further information, if necessary.
- Once validated, Energy Cork will issue a toll card to you, on behalf of Drive4Zero and Direct Route.